Friday, October 2, 2009

The Perfect Mom For Me...

One night Madison was in bed waiting for Matt to come read her a story while I was busy around the house. I wanted to go hang out with her for a minute and get the scoop on her day, etc... sense that's like the ONLY time she'll sit long enough or want to tell us about anything! I said "What ya doin Sis?" to which she replied "I'm waiting for dad to read me a story". I said, "I'll read it to you" She got a big smile on her face, gave me a hug and said "Your the perfect mom for me". It nearly had me in tears, especially because those thoughts or words don't last long most days. Atleast for that moment in time, she understood that I stopped doing what I needed to do to spend time with her and that I love her. Wish every day could be like that small little moment between us was! I'll NEVER forget it, but I think she already did. A week later Kennedy kicked me at the store and told Madison I was stupid! Aaahhhh What is it they say??? Treasure the good moments because unfortunantley they are few and far between sometimes!

2 comments:

Lea Tame said...

Madison is such a sweetie and they for sure have one amazing mommy!

Lea Tame said...

So I saw Madison today in her cute little Matilda Jane... love it! So freaking cute it made me want a little girl.

It also made me miss Madison and Kennedy! I have some stories for you!

One more random comment, I loved the pictures you took of Ellie Laurson!