I've been thinking about how grateful I am that Matt is the kind of Dad that he is to our girls. That he will listen for hours to the plans of a 7 year old girl and would love, support, and encourage her in it. That he makes time every week, not just last week to have special nights out or dates with our girls individually and together. That he is making such a difference in their lives by being the kind of dad he is. There are to many good points about their relationship to even start to name them, but one I think of often is how grateful I am that they will never have to know what it's like not to have that kind of dad. Thinking of that warms my heart to an extent that I can not describe. On the other hand, because all they know is the amazing dad they have... will they ever fully understand how much they have been blessed with him and will they ever truly appreciate just how special their bond is? I guess it doesn't really matter as long as they know they are loved like they are and because Matt is their dad, I know they always will be!

1 comment:
I truly loved this post. I appreciate all of them, it opens a window for me to peek into the lives of your beautiful little girls. But this post not only honors our son (whom we think is pretty fantastic), but it reminds me of how truly blessed he is, and we are to have you in our lives. It takes a special woman to recognize the "important" things in life. With so many challenges of this day and age, sometimes it is difficult to focus on what truly matters! We love you, and thanks!
Post a Comment