Thursday, January 21, 2010

Walk Tall, You're a Daughter...

This past Sunday Matt's parents were in town and they were able to come to church with us. Because they were there, I snuck out of Sharing Time to be with his mom in Relief Society. I have felt so much lately like I need the lessons and the spirit that is Relief Society each week. I have loved nursery, and I just started teaching the 7 year olds. They each offer their own spiritual experiences and I'm sure I'm learning what Heavenly Father wants me to right now, but I'm soooo glad I was able to be in Relief Society and hear the lesson. There was a beautiful musical number by some women in the ward that I SO NEEDED TO HEAR!!! I had forgotten about this song and more importantly I had forgotten about the words. Hearing it again took me back to Young Women's, but I've never needed to hear those words more in my life than right now. Thank you Desiree for suggesting that I go be with my mother in law. Thank you Pam for being there so I was able to go. Thank you Carlene for the beautiful lesson, and thank you Kate, Kristine, Leah, Joanne & the pianoist (who I think was Amy, correct me if I'm wrong) for the amazing song. I wish so badly I had a recording of it! It's been in my head all week! Here are the words in case you have forgotten about them as well...


Right now I have a prayer deep within my heart
A prayer for each of you there is a special part
That you remember who you are and Him who lives above
Please seek for Him and live His way; You'll feel His love.

Walk tall you're a daughter, a child of God.
Be strong, please remember who you are.
Try to understand, you're part of His great plan.
He's closer than you know, reach up, He'll take your hand.

Long before the time you can remember,
Our father held you in His arms so tender.
Those loving arms released you as He sent you down to earth.
He said, "My child, I love you,don't forget your great worth."

Walk tall you're a daughter, a child of God.
Be strong, please remember who you are.
Try to understand, you're part of His great plan.
He's closer than you know, reach up, He'll take your hand.

This life on earth we knew would not be easy.
At times we lose our way, His path we may not see.
But please remember, always, please, that you are not alone.
He'll take your hand, He loves you. He will guide you home.

Walk tall you're a daughter, a child of God.
Be strong, please remember who you are.
Try to understand, you're part of His great plan.
He's closer than you know, reach up, He'll take your hand.

I found this version that you can download for $.99 that I like..
http://ldsmusicnow.com/album/46/Johanne-Perry,-Soloist,-Tammy-Simister-Robinson,-Jenny-Jordan-Frogley/Walk-Tall,-You-re-A-Daughter-of-God

This one is a free download on lds.org
http://www.lds.org/cm/display/0,17631,7028-1,00.html#1

I also found this clip on You Tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHANOO2vq3E&feature=related

Unfortunantly, none of them compare to the amazing and talented women in my ward!

3 comments:

Jeff and Kate Dixon said...

Its amazing how heavenly father inspires those that teach to reach those who need it most. I am so glad that I was part of it and that it meant so much to you.

Spirit Bear said...

I am glad I was there with you too! I desperately needed to hear that song also. Thanks for the link! You are a very special woman....I love you with all my heart.

melanie liljenquist said...

Mikki,

I am so glad you got a chance to go to Releif Society. I truly love RS and sometimes miss being able to go I always feel the spirit as well. I love that song, a couple months ago our Young Women sang that for Young Women In Excellence and us leaders sang with them and then we sang it again in sacrament and you could really feel the spirit. It's a good reminder for all of us. Hey Did you get my e-mail? Are you doing okay? Please call me or E-mail me.

Love ya,
Melanie