Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thank You 2009, Here we go 2010!!!

A few days before the new year began, I was thinking "Goodbye and Goodriddens to 2009". As with the past few years, which have been filled with more then enough challenges, struggles, trials, tears, heartache, anxiety, stress & whatever other bad feelings possible, I was thinking "I'm so glad this year is over & I hope next year will be better". It occured to me that yes, it's been a rough year, especially this last quarter, but without 2009 there would have been so many wonderful things that I would have missed as well. Making sandcastles at the beach, picnics at the park, watching the girls dance, cuddling together at night, lots of laughs, plenty of fun, and more then enough love to go around. I've started trying to reframe my thoughts and feelings about all the yucky stuff. I've sense been trying to remember what I've learned & why I had to learn it the hard way. I've grown, I've changed, I'm stronger & I can only hope I'm better for it. That what I've learned will make me a happier, healthier, and a better wife and mother (my two true life purposes and passions). I will try to greet this new year with a different attitude. It seems there has not been one area of life that I have not had some kind of struggled with this last year, but I once read that if everyone threw all their problems into a pile that we could all see, you'd gladly take yours back. So, with that I say Thank You 2009 for all that you taught me, all that I learned about myself, all the struggles that were their for my growth and benefit and especially all the good stuff! I hope to have a better outlook towards challenges in the coming year, stay positive and upbeat & continue to remember that my own little families health and happiness is above all the most important! Happy New Year to all our family and friends. We're wishing you all the best in 2010!

4 comments:

Mike and Becca said...

Mik, you are awesome. I hate that you had to learn all that you did, the way that you did :) but i'm glad for a new year too and for attitude and for the truth behind all that you said. Good luck this next year. I hope things calm down a bit. Love ya

Lea Tame said...

I love this post and I hope 2010 is just an amazing year for you! You deserve it!

Kristine said...

wishing YOU the best in 2010. you are amazing Mikki!

Sabrina Rex said...

you inspire me thanks for sharing you thoughts.