Friday, September 3, 2010

First Day of School 2010...

Kennedy's First Day of Preschool started off well, she was excited to pick out her own outfit and do her hair. She was all smiles until I was about to leave! She started bawling and not just a little cry but a BIG one! CRAP... I suddenly felt like a new parent and didn't know what to do. My heart said "Stay and go comfort her" but my brain said "Keep walking or it will just drag on longer". I made the mistake of looking back as I was walking away (a for sure No No in the parent handbook) and saw her sad face. It took everything I had to keep walking and it's a good thing I did because thankfully as I was just dropping off Madison and about to go back and check on Kennedy I got a call from the Learning Dynamics Director. My first thought was "I knew it, I should have stayed" but she was calling to letting me know Kennedy had calmed down and was doing great so I didn't need to worry for the next 2 hours. LOVE that Learning Dynamics!!! Great Staff, great curriculum, great preschool! When I peeked in on the class before I picked her up she was all smiles again and now loving it! Yeah, (sigh of relief) SUCCESS!!!



We were so glad to get Madison's preschool teacher for Kennedy this year... love her!



Madison couldn't wait to get to school, she had a great day!Some of her friends from her first grade class are also in her second grade class. When I picked her up she said "I had so much fun, it just gets better every year now I'm ready for third grade!!!" HOLD ON Sister, one grade jump a day is hard enough (for me that is)!



6 comments:

Lea Tame said...

The girls are growing up too fast! I can't believe Madison is a big 2nd grader! Does she like her new teacher? She must be new this year.

partypatt said...

I LOVE that I could be both of your daughters' preschool teacher! They are both precious! Thanks for trusting me and Learning Dynamics!

Mike and Becca said...

I can't imagine the day I send my boys to school. Your girls both look so cute, of course. There is one picture with a lady in the background comming out the door and it looks like my neighbor. I'll have to ask if her boy goes there... hmmm funny love ya

Katie Petersen said...

Oh my goodness! They are both getting so big! I love the picture of Emma and Madison and I think I saw the back of Millie in one of your pictures too. How fun. Wish I was there to see her and you!

Mike and Becca said...

so is your photo blog up and running? or are you just creating it?

The Sohm's said...

Your kids are so cute! You're a good mom it's hard to keep walking when you see your kids screaming and begging for you. Already miss you! Can't wait for thursday:)