Next, she has a real problem with clothes & will cry forever if she doesn't get to wear what she wants. First it was only short sleeves (not great for the middle of winter). Then it was wanting to wear shorts (also not great in the middle of winter). There were only 2 pairs of pants that she would wear in her closet & they started to get to small for her. So... we headed up to the Gap Outlet hoping to have some luck. She was a natural shopper, wanting almost everything that they had, she even wanted to shop for Kennedy. After a "try it on" session, there were only one pair of pants she didn't like. I thought "thank goodness, finally some success and now she won't look like an orphan anymore." Not so fast, once we got home, she took a pair of pants from one outfit, a shirt from another and a jacket from another to make her own look. Not what I had in mind, but she's starting to come around. See exhibit 2.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Punky Brewster
Madison has definitley come into her own unique style these days... Her new favorite hairdo is DOWN and sometimes with a Jane Fonda style hair band. See exhitbit 1.

Next, she has a real problem with clothes & will cry forever if she doesn't get to wear what she wants. First it was only short sleeves (not great for the middle of winter). Then it was wanting to wear shorts (also not great in the middle of winter). There were only 2 pairs of pants that she would wear in her closet & they started to get to small for her. So... we headed up to the Gap Outlet hoping to have some luck. She was a natural shopper, wanting almost everything that they had, she even wanted to shop for Kennedy. After a "try it on" session, there were only one pair of pants she didn't like. I thought "thank goodness, finally some success and now she won't look like an orphan anymore." Not so fast, once we got home, she took a pair of pants from one outfit, a shirt from another and a jacket from another to make her own look. Not what I had in mind, but she's starting to come around. See exhibit 2.
Next, she has a real problem with clothes & will cry forever if she doesn't get to wear what she wants. First it was only short sleeves (not great for the middle of winter). Then it was wanting to wear shorts (also not great in the middle of winter). There were only 2 pairs of pants that she would wear in her closet & they started to get to small for her. So... we headed up to the Gap Outlet hoping to have some luck. She was a natural shopper, wanting almost everything that they had, she even wanted to shop for Kennedy. After a "try it on" session, there were only one pair of pants she didn't like. I thought "thank goodness, finally some success and now she won't look like an orphan anymore." Not so fast, once we got home, she took a pair of pants from one outfit, a shirt from another and a jacket from another to make her own look. Not what I had in mind, but she's starting to come around. See exhibit 2.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Her and Avery should go through each others closets. I did the same with Avery, 2 weeks later she hated all the new ones too.
She's actually gone to school in pajama bottoms, because I'm simply done fighting with her.
Good Luck
Interesting how that happens huh? She would look darling in anything, I am sure you know that, but it is hard to let them do their thing huh?
I once saw a little girl at Smith's wearing what had to be her very best church dress (this was obviously not on a Sunday, and it was the hot summer time) with a tiara and her snow boots. I LOVED it. I wanted to give her mom a high five for letting her "do her thing" and being okay with it.
I am so glad I am not the only one with this problem. Haley is the worst. I have had to put a lock on her closet so that she wont change her lovely out fits 3 or 4 times a day. All we can get her to wear right now is skirts.
Sounds like all little girls are the same. I stressed with my oldest girls, but I am now one of those moms who lets her daughter where whatever she wants!! Actually, we have been working on it lately. I give Lucee choices. "You can wear that skirt or that shirt, not both." Then she picks the one she wants, I pick the matching shirt or skirt! I love it. It works now, but it didn't work even two months ago!!! Good luck, Mikki!!
Sweet! I have nephews who think it is great to wear over-alls, a construction hat, flip flops, and a tool belt to church...THANKFULLY my kids have never pushed that limit! Good for you though, I'm sure it takes patience to just let her learn through social cues...when people start pointing and laughing (kind of like I do at Deena when she's running at 5 AM in our neighborhood wearing a tutu, leg warmers and snow boots...). My poor little nephews ALWAYS have to learn the hard way!
Post a Comment