Mrs. Petersen & Madison on the First Day!
New friends: Madison, Shaylee & Jasmine
The Sea of Kids, but this picture doesn't do the chaos any form of justice!
Kennedy started a Neighborhood Preschool last week. We wanted to put her in 2 days a week close by so she could start to adjust better without having us around all the time. I wasn't sure what reaction I was going to get because dropping her off at nursery had always been a nightmare before I was called to be her teacher. Infact if we didn't stay with her, she didn't stay either. On her first day of preschool she was a little quiet and shy at first, but after a few minutes, much to my surprise and joy... she stayed and had a good time. So far, no problems with me leaving here there for a few hours. She has some friends in her class and I think she is excited to be a big girl, wear a backpack, and go to school like Madison. It's so cute having Madison get to drop her off with me before I take her to school. On the first day Madison was so helpful trying to point out all the cool new things and get her excited about being there like I was trying to do. I'm sure it helped alot. What a great sister!
Kennedy got to take her toy dog, Daisy with her on the first day. She wasn't so sure she wanted to go yet in this picture!
Kennedy's Friends: Cassie, Kennedy & Ethan
Madison started another year of dance class and is lucky enough to have her friend, McKenna in class with her. Two of her other friends have classes at the same time in a different room, so she was really excited to see them there as well. Left to right is Jasmine, Madison, Paige and McKenna. Jasmine is in Madison's class this year and she's been talking a lot about her sense school started. She really likes playing with her at recess and seems to have found a good new friend.
Kennedy started her first dance class, & it took me about 10 minutes to get her to stay in class. True to form, when I checked in on her thru the window she was the only little ballerina dancing around the room, ignoring the teacher and doing her own thing. She's hilarious! My mistake in completely forgetting her tap shoes nearly caused for round two of coaxing her back into class, but eventually off she went and she's really enjoying herself. Did I mention that I had to bribe her with holding the puppy if she went to class too! We even brought her with us & it seemed to work! Guess we got that puppy at just the right time!

1 comment:
I'm glas Madison is loving first grade but I still wish she was in kindergarten in my class!
Post a Comment