Monday, September 21, 2009

Don't Pick Your Boggers!!!

Yes, it's true, I occasionally have to remind my 2 beautiful daughters not to pick their boggers. So here's a funny story I wanted to journal regarding the above.

I've been working on these accountability boards for the girls and finally introduced them tonight. They were both very excited, it's your basic things to do throughout the day so they can learn responsibility and accountability (clean up after yourself, brush your teeth, do your homework, etc...) and then when they've accomplished all their "To Do's" they get a reward ticket which they can turn in for something they want to do. There's also a behavior chart, after 10 smiley faces you get a special mom or dad date that they get to plan. After going through the "To Do's" with the girls we started getting ready for bed. Matt was reading to Madison on the couch and I was headed back to read to Kennedy. As I passed by Madison she said "Mom, you should have made one that said Don't Pick Your Boggers". I laughed out loud, smiled, and then told her it was a great idea and I'd make one for that tomorrow! What a kid!!!

1 comment:

Spirit Bear said...

I just love this. What a priceless memory! Sounds like you are doing an awesome job in teaching them the important things of life, accountability, and responsibility. She clearly understood what you were trying to do! Not such an easy thing with children sometimes.....
Thank you, you are an awesome mom!