Sooooo, the girls have wanted a puppy since nearly the day they were born. Madison had been talking alot about getting one lately and infact she informed me that she had choosen a date and marked her calender for March 6th because that was the day she was going to get a puppy. I told her it wasn't likely, but she stuck to it anyway. When Matt got his Narcotic Dog, Doogan 3 years ago that helped alot & cured them for awhile, but not long enough. Whenever we go by Walmart and there are puppies out, we make sure to stop and play with them for a few minutes. I can't tell you how many times I've had to say no to buying one and have left more than once with two crying little girls with broken hearts. A few weeks ago Matt had taken Madison along with him for some one on one daughter time and as luck would have it there outside the new Walmart were puppies for sale. Apparantly they played with them, Madison instanly feel in love with the only girl left who was also the runt of the litter. Matt told her they'd have to talk to the boss at home because Madison of corse wanted to buy her. When they came home, she came in the house calling for me with the hugest smile and the most excited I have ever seen her be. She told me about this Walmart Puppy, who was a girl and only cost $40.00 and could hardly contain herself giving me the details. I could not tell this sweet little girl No like I had done so many times before. So back to Walmart we went, to pick up her new best friend who she named Avabelle (after our friend Lisa's baby). We love the show Marley and Me, so I suggested she name her Marley to which Madison replied " But mom she doesn't look like a Marley, she looks like an Avabelle". How do you argue with that & now I can't imagine calling her anything else! The only down side to it all was trying to get Kennedy to understand that she wasn't picking one out too. It nearly broke my heart telling her they were going to share just one puppy because she had picked out a boy and was ready to go with him under one arm. It didn't take her long to come around though. Avabelle has been a sweet dog & Doogan likes the company so I guess it's a win - win situation all around. I have to admit that Matt and I already love her too! We wouldn't normally buy a puppy off the side of the road, but I'm certain now that Avabelle was meant to be apart of our family!
Monday, September 14, 2009
Walmart Puppy
Sooooo, the girls have wanted a puppy since nearly the day they were born. Madison had been talking alot about getting one lately and infact she informed me that she had choosen a date and marked her calender for March 6th because that was the day she was going to get a puppy. I told her it wasn't likely, but she stuck to it anyway. When Matt got his Narcotic Dog, Doogan 3 years ago that helped alot & cured them for awhile, but not long enough. Whenever we go by Walmart and there are puppies out, we make sure to stop and play with them for a few minutes. I can't tell you how many times I've had to say no to buying one and have left more than once with two crying little girls with broken hearts. A few weeks ago Matt had taken Madison along with him for some one on one daughter time and as luck would have it there outside the new Walmart were puppies for sale. Apparantly they played with them, Madison instanly feel in love with the only girl left who was also the runt of the litter. Matt told her they'd have to talk to the boss at home because Madison of corse wanted to buy her. When they came home, she came in the house calling for me with the hugest smile and the most excited I have ever seen her be. She told me about this Walmart Puppy, who was a girl and only cost $40.00 and could hardly contain herself giving me the details. I could not tell this sweet little girl No like I had done so many times before. So back to Walmart we went, to pick up her new best friend who she named Avabelle (after our friend Lisa's baby). We love the show Marley and Me, so I suggested she name her Marley to which Madison replied " But mom she doesn't look like a Marley, she looks like an Avabelle". How do you argue with that & now I can't imagine calling her anything else! The only down side to it all was trying to get Kennedy to understand that she wasn't picking one out too. It nearly broke my heart telling her they were going to share just one puppy because she had picked out a boy and was ready to go with him under one arm. It didn't take her long to come around though. Avabelle has been a sweet dog & Doogan likes the company so I guess it's a win - win situation all around. I have to admit that Matt and I already love her too! We wouldn't normally buy a puppy off the side of the road, but I'm certain now that Avabelle was meant to be apart of our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Mikki,
Okay she is so cute I am a little jealous. I love animals and I just have to convince my husband. we have said maybe when Andrew is potty trained then we can get one and I can potty train the puppy. Your Puppy is so cute. What kind is she. Do you remember me growing up? I used to bring home puppies and kitty's all the time that were for sale on the side of the road my Dad was ready to kill me, but I just thought we had the farm and the animals had plenty of room to roam I am still just a Country girl who wishes I could do that again, just bring home a ton of little animals to care for. I love her little name. I would love to see her Congratulations!
Love Ya
Melanie
Such a cute dog! How can you say no to such a sweet little face! I am sure we will get that look too in the near future, but a dog would be pretty fun for Taylor right now!
SO cute!!! I love your littel puppy. thank so much for bringing it to your moms so my kids could see it and hold it.
Post a Comment