Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week!!!

It's teacher appreciation week at our school, and I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank all the teachers out there. My mom was a teacher for about 15 years & just recently went back to work as one again, so I've seen first hand the sacrafice of her time, talent, money & whatever else was needed to be the best for her kids. There aren't many careers beside teacher that are so overworked, underpaid, & underappreciated for that matter. There also aren't many careers that you can say you truly make a difference in the lives of our children. As far as I'm concerned our teachers deserve much more than they get in all aspects. So to all of you out there, thank you for what you do!!!

A special thanks to Madison's Kindergarten teacher, Ms. Billings!!! She is so great with her class. Thanks to her, Madison has LOVED her first real school experience and can't wait to be in school each day. She'd go on the weekends if she could and that says alot to us about the kind of teacher she is. I love going in to the class & being able to watch and listen as they go about their day. We really appreciate all that she does & couldn't ask for a better teacher! Thanks Ms. Billings!!!

3 comments:

jaclyn weist said...

That's a cool post about teachers. I was studying to be a teacher at BYU and it was amazing how down people were on education students - like they weren't there BECAUSE of teachers growing up...

And speaking of great teachers, thanks for being such a great teacher for Gavin. You didn't have to come to our house and try to help him get to know you but you did and I really appreciate that!! I know he loves you guys and he's excited each week to come in!! he even prepped himself this week and was heartbroken to find out there was no nursery for stake conference!!

Oh and I would like to see your blog so if you could add my address that would be great. :)

One Blessed Chick said...

We think Ms. Billings rocks, too! I wish Eric could've finished out the year there with his class. I really miss coming in and helping. I haven't got to do that here yet...I'm going through withdrawals. Ha! Loved your post. Teachers are awesome!

Lea Tame said...

Mikki, thanks so much! You do so much for the kids and for me.