Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Tag!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift Bags, although I also use Wrapping Paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real this year, we are starting a new tradition. We've always had artificial except for the first year we were married.
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving, this year is was 2 days.
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but I prefer an icy coke especially during the holidays
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My twin cabbage patch kids
7. Hardest person to buy for? This year, my brother JD
8. Easiest person to buy for? Madison & Kennedy who are also the funniest to shop for
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, its the Willow Tree one given to us by my parents a few years ago. I love it!
10.Mail or email Christmas cards? I have to mail & do a Christmas letter as well. It's fun to read back on them. Also, I love getting Christmas cards, so I hope others like recieving them.
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? An opened box of cheerios from Grandma Rosie.
12.Favorite Christmas Movie? No question - National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. This is also tradition and started when I was in high school.
13.When do you start shopping for Christmas? I pick things up here and there, but I don't think to seriously about it tell after Thanksgiving.
14.Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, only if it was nice enough though. Doesn't everyone do that?
15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade carmels with nuts. Yummmmmm!!!!
16.Color of lights on the tree? White
17.Favorite Christmas song? "O Holy Night" & "Mary did you know" by Clay Aiken
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home, it's so much fun being in your own place, especially on Christmas Eve.
19.Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes
20.Angel on the tree top or a star? Normally a star, this year a decorative thingy!
21.Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? The kids open presents from each other on Christmas Eve and we open the rest on Christmas morning. That's what I did as a child and I really liked opening one thing Christmas Eve.
22.Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The crowds at the store
23.Favorite ornament theme or color? I like everything, we have silver this year! Last year the kids just went wild and there was no theme or color. We trade off every other year so the kids can make it there own.
24.Favorite for Christmas dinner? Honeybaked Ham
25.What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace!!! No really, just a little peace!
26.Who is most likely to respond to this? Tabitha
27.Have you been naughty or nice this year? A little bit of both!
28.Any favorite traditions? We always did the 12 days of Christmas to a family growing up and Matt and I have continued that tradition on. It's alot of fun and I love being able to help another family. Also, I must have a Pine scented Christmas candle from the Gap. I've never found one that could beat it!
29.Favorite candy cane flavor? Peppermint.
30.Favorite stocking stuffer? CD's, DVD's & Candy
31.Care to share a favorite Christmas memory (or two)? I have many fond memories as a child at Christmas. My mom worked very hard to make sure we had great Christmas's. My favorite though is the first Christmas Matt and I had together after we were married, & the first Christmas we had with each of our girls.

Merry Christmas!!! If you have read this consider yourself tagged!!!

3 comments:

amy16 said...

Amen to peace sista!

Dale and Tabitha said...

I love how my name was mentioned. Don't worry. I am working on it. Thanks for the input, I love reading these things.

Dale and Tabitha said...

I help you think of a present for JD if you help me think of a present for Dale.